Tuesday 31 August 2010

Journalism Work Experience Without The Catch


I like science and I enjoy writing. It's only natural to want to combine the two, right? Anton Chekhov said it best with “Medicine is my lawful wife and literature is my mistress”.
I'm still annoyed the education system forces us to make choices so early.
Who really knows what they want to do for the rest of their working life at 15?
As a graduate in Biomedical Sciences I think I've got the science part sorted, the writing part is where Catch 22 comes in.

The Catch 22 Academy has helped me find a route into journalism without having to go back to university.

Catch 22 is great because:
The teaching is excellent
It's an opportunity to improve my writing and research skills
They have direct links with people working within the industry
The work is challenging and we put our skills to good use.

I have done some soul searching and come to the conclusion I don't want to end up like this



But I wouldn't mind ending up like this




Liz Bonnin is the perfect example of a science graduate in Biochemistry who also has a successful related media career.

No comments:

Post a Comment